Wednesday 20 July 2016

Let's Try This Again...

After I surprised Riley with a cheese quesadilla for lunch this happened the following day:

Me:  Ri, what do you want for lu..
R:    *before I could finish*   Grilled cheese.
Me:  Would you like a quesadilla or pasta?
R:    *in a dejected voice*  Pasta.
Me:   Red sauce or white sauce.
R:     White sauce.

Of course he muttered the entire time but he did manage to "eat" his way through with only a couple of gags/dry heaves.

I gave Riley a reprieve for one day before attempting the quesadilla a second time. I know. I’m a softie. 

A little insight before watching the video:

·         I cut the quesadilla into 4 pieces as opposed to 6. In Riley World, the fewer the number of pieces (regardless of size) the better.  :D
·         I used “new” crackers (ie. different size but ones he is used to eating) as a “distraction”
·         I am not concerned with table etiquette at this point ergo the conversation.
·         He likes to look at himself in the corner cabinet...it has glass doors.  :)
·         He often associates words/numbers to videos he watches. In this case it’s the number 6 which he often relates to the 6 pillars from the Kids for Character video he used to watch on VHS. Yea…it’s been going on for THAT long. 



Click here if you can't see the video.

The next step...getting him to eat a quesadilla out of the house because no, they are NOT the same. They are NEVER the same.  *sigh*


1 comment:

  1. he seems to be liking it a bit better this time. I bought ones the other day, and they turned out to be sooooo dry, my own kids were gagging to finish them too.

    ReplyDelete