Tuesday 9 October 2012

I Am Thankful for...
#Monday Listicles


This past weekend we celebrated Thanksgiving here in Canada. We stuffed ourselves with turkey and all the trimmings on Sunday night which meant a very lazy day for me on Monday. I remember reading/hearing that eating turkey makes you sleepy. According to this article it is not the turkey’s fault…“it’s a combination of the type of food, amount of food, and celebratory atmosphere”. Drats!

I am going to put a Canadian Thanksgiving spin on Stasha’s topic for this week’s Monday Listicles “10 Compliments” and go with “10 Things I am Thankful for”.

1.      Riley who has taught me to be a more patient and empathetic person; to take things one day at a time and most of all to have a sense of humour even when I don’t feel like it.

2.      J2 who has taught me that I am not the patient or empathetic person that I had hoped I would be; everything happens at once and most of all if I can’t laugh at myself…I sure as heck can laugh at with him. 

3.      J1 for being such a great role model except when it comes to electronics and guitars. I will leave it at that.

4.      G who keeps me company every waking hour of every day.  Every hour.  Every day.  Every.  Single.  Solitary.  Hour.  of  Every.  Day.

5.      My mom for letting me practice using my good listening ears when I call her to check-in.

6.      My sister for being such a good sport especially after her husband and I indulge in copious amounts of alcohol at family get-togethers.

7.      All my extended family who makes family reunions something to look forward to even though we all know about the “3 Day Rule” thanks to UG. 

8.      Riley’s army of supporters who have always been there and kept us motivated and moving forward. A little faster would have been nice…just sayin’.

9.      My friends who keep me in line (mostly at the liquor store) and insist on proving over and over that laughter IS the best medicine.

10.   And finally Stasha for Monday Listicles.  Such a great way to start my week off! Remember to pop over and check out what everybody else thought of.


I am truly thankful for all I have. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Ladies, please remember to go get your annual mammograms. I am going tomorrow. Sure I only have one boob to do but it hurts twice as much when you don’t have much. *wink*

22 comments:

  1. Love this list, Di! My mom makes me use my listening ears a lot, too-- glad you can be thankful for that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be even more thankful if my phone had a mute button...been almost caught ummmm "breathing deeply" a couple of times. Haahaa!

      Delete
  2. Awesome Listicles! Recognizing and being thankful for our many blessings keeps us in balance. Well, along with the alcohol.

    Loved your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri! I definitely like to keep in balance with a glass of wine in EACH hand. :D

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you have quite a few special people in your life!

    I'm terrified to get a mammogram. I have like a negative double AA cup. It's gonna hurt so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was terrified the first time too Jennifer. I didn't find it to be nearly as bad as people would say. I little awkward and slightly uncomfortable but nothing like getting squished with the fridge door that I used to hear about. Really. Maybe that's only for the double D's. ;P

      Delete
  4. first of all, you should know, I am feeling my boobies right now.....all seems good. But I do also promise to book the "Squish test" soon too.

    love the list. Would love even more to raise a glass with you, and toast all the blessings we are thankful for :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good girl! Honestly, I never had a clue what to feel for. I like the sound of the "Squish test" rather than getting slammed. So scary.

      Guess we'll have to settle for a virtual glass of cheer until we meet. :)

      D

      Delete
  5. Family gatherings are certainly entertaining, but with our family, it's more of a "2 day rule but one would be better" deal. Glad you have so many people and plenty of alcohol to keep you smiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haahaa...family...gotta love 'em no matter how long. :)

      Delete
  6. Love you list! There is so much to be thankful for :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days are easier than others. I just need to keep my half-full wine glass "fuller" on those other days! :D

      Delete
  7. fabulous lists...friends that keep you in line-at the liquor store had me laughing my ass off...and that is a lot of laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so fanstic to write things to be thankful for. Reminds us of what matters most. Great listicle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I didn't really think of it that way when I was writing it. Eeep. Looking at my list again you are absolutely right Jill...it does remind me of what matters most. Thank YOU for the reminder! :)

      Delete
  9. It is not the turkey???! Oh shucks. Love this list, nice to have so much to be thankful for, specially your hubby always being there for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no Stasha...my husband is "WITH" me not there "FOR" me. Big difference. Haaahaaa!

      Delete
  10. #5...LOVE IT! I'm going to say that about my mom. She is one chatty Cathy. I love the way you framed it. WINNER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to think it must be a "mom" thing later in life. Boy are my sons going to be happy about that! Ha!

      Delete
  11. I should use calling my mother as an excuse to use good listening ears! I might remember something she said that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if that works for ya...so far it hasn't for me. ;P

      Delete