Sunday 17 February 2013

10 "Tiny" Things of Joy...
#Monday Listicles


This week’s Listicles topic “10 Tiny Things that Bring You Joy” was suggested by Wendy who blogs over at Stamping Rules. Hmmmm…JOY.

Well I suppose this could be any number of things. For me I am going to go with the little things in life that make me feel like this…


Keep in mind that as I have aged the things that bring me joy NOW would NEVER had made my list 30, 20, or even 10 years ago.






1.      You are probably getting sick of seeing this one but what can I say...my fan. She is my BEST friend and this is why.










2.      I have always loved miniature thing so I am sure these “tiny” items come as no surprise to have made my list.









3.      Keeping with the miniature theme...I have always been a mouth breather when I sleep so suffer from chapped lips. Vaseline is a staple. Is this not THE cutest miniature you have EVER seen!








4.      My Nintendo DS. A birthday present from my sister about 5 years ago…give or take?!?  I guess her kids got tired of me hogging theirs when we visited. 









5.      Bath & Body Works Wallflowers. When you have teenage boys these are a necessity. Trust me. My favourite scent is Fresh Linen. Ahhhhhh… 







6.      When J2 started preschool R and I would walk to the local Starbucks everyday. Riley was actually in-training. Those were the days before Siri and with R's eagle eyes I needed him to be able to spot a Starbucks (aka “Mommy’s coffee store) when we were travelling.






7.      I could never get the hang of flossing. I even admitted to my hygienist that I would only floss the 3 days before an appointment. What.EVER! My last visit she introduced me to these Soft-picks. Heaven.








8.      Lypsyl. See list item #3. I have multiple tubes which keep company with the multiple pairs of readers I have all over the house.







Of course to complete my list 9 and 10 are my boys who although not “tiny” anymore still drive me crazy bring me more joy than I could have ever possibly imagined. Ooops…sorry G. Ran out of room. *wink*  

Riley - Age 12
J2's High school Grad


So there you have it. For some reason this song came to mind. Three Dog Night was the first live concert I ever attended. Who else remembers this song???





32 comments:

  1. I saw Three Dog Night at the Oregon State Fair when I was in high school. Oh, the good ol' days!!

    I can sure relate to the teen smells! My 16-year-old is good about using deodorant, so he doesn't smell bad...but when he has friends over, oh man!! And then there's the whole boy bathroom thing. (Eye rolling!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...the teens in the basement with the door shut! I don't know how they can stand themselves. Haahaa!

      Delete
  2. My best friend in high school loved everything miniature. That just sent me on a trip down memory lane!

    I've got two boys, too, but so much younger. I bet sometimes it feels like just yesterday they were that little, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was growing up miniatures were so hard to find so it was a real challenge. :) I still love when I find something different...like the little condiment bottles with room service. Not that I ever get room service but I see them on the trays in the hallway. Haahaa!

      Delete
  3. Great list babe...my three year old already smells, I'm worried for when he's older, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a loooong way to go...hopefully they'll come with something other than AXE. :D

      Delete
  4. I'll have to try #5!! And I love that you included your kids. Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried almost every kind of air freshener thingy down in the man cave. THIS one is a keeper...especially the Fresh Linen scent. Not too sickly sweet.

      Delete
  5. My son is sitting behind me and asked, "What's so funny?" I was only on #1. Okay so I'm sold on it for the second time. Did you get it in an actual Brookstone or online? I've got one of those cute teeny tiny vaselines right here! I saw it in the checkout line at Walmart and couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I will try and refrain from mentioning "the fan" again. Haha! I actually get them in the Brookstone stores. I couldn't find it online the last time I looked. We don't have Brookstone in Canada so usually pick up a few when I'm travelling. They're always in airports. :)

      Isn't the Vaseline THE. CUTEST. THING. EVER!!!

      Delete
  6. Love Starbucks! Love those flossers! And LOVE the Bath & Body Works one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was such a klutz with flossing...these sticks are the cat's meow!

      Delete
  7. Visiting from Listicles...and totally feel the love for MY fan too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, I'm not the only grownup who loves her DS! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you a puzzler too??? Please say yes...please say yes...

      Delete
  9. I panic if, after I leave the house, I realized I haven't got my lip balm with me! ;) Definitely an essential. Should have included it in my own list--d'oh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean...lip balm over lip stick. :)

      Delete
  10. Love that song! And the minis. Love my mini aquaphors, they're so cute!
    Visiting from listicles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea...another Three Dog Night fan! You are a fan right?!?!? ;P

      Delete
  11. Love my coffees and lip moisturizers, too - I don't know what I would do without them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you spend a LOT of time in a coffee shop when they start getting your drink ready when you walk in. Eeep. Not so much now that the boys are older.

      Delete
  12. Great song!
    Your talk of miniatures made me remember my favorite little thing...baby shoes. Little baby Nikes or boots or sandals that look like adults' shoes make me ooh and aah every time.
    So funny that we both stuck our children onto the ends of our lists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you were stuck too huh??? Haahaa.

      I LOVE little shoes!!! I wish I had little people to buy them for...as long as they don't live in MY house full-time. ;P

      Delete
  13. I totally remember that song. My not yet fully developed brain couldn't think abstractly...so many images of frogs floating around. Love the wall flowers from Bath and Body Works, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO (with the frogs)! :D I was in love with Three Dog Night. *sigh*

      Delete
  14. Number 2...those are purse size! Ahem...not that I know how portable they are from experience or anything. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaaaa???? You mean they can fit in your purse??? Baaahaaahaaa!

      Delete
  15. My auntie loves that song!! I am just messing with you my friend :) I want them tooth picks! Awesome minis!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haaahaaahaaa! Those picks are the cat's meow.

      Delete