If you are an avid follower of my blog (tee hee) you will recall I was given the Fabulous Blog Ribbon by “Rory” over at Time Out for Mom. With it came the opportunity to list 5 Fabulous Moments, 5 Things I Love and 5 Things I Hate.
Nora Ephron, best known for her original screenplay writing for Silkwood, When Harry Met Sally and Sleepless in Seattle, passed away at the end of June. In her final book, “I Remember Nothing: And Other Reflections” she had left two lists; “What I Won’t Miss” and “What I Will Miss”. The topic for this week’s Monday Listicles came from Deborah over at Mannahatta Mamma who suggested we follow suit.
So as not to repeat myself (you can read my previous lists by clicking on any of these red words) I will attempt to come up with some new “things”. Here we go…
5 Things I Miss
· Cardboard boxes. Best. Toy. Ever!
· Old-fashioned Sports Days with 3 legged and Sack races.
Yes it was a race. Yes there were winners. Yes there were losers. Yes we all survived.
|J2 - Age 3|
· My “Special days” with J2. In the very early days of Riley World, it wasn’t always easy to go out and do “typical” family outings. So early on G and I tried to make a conscious effort to spend one on one time with J2. Thinking back it makes my heart melt when I think of the times that all it took was going out to do errands or baking a cake, just the two of us, for J2 to think of it as a “Special day”.
· The “First” times. You know…THAT feeling you get after you do something for the very first time. Even better...watching the boys do something for the very first time.
5 Things I WON’T Miss
· Colouring my hair. Although with more salt than pepper in my hair these days…I’m tempted again. Only slightly.
· People who have road rage. Good thing you passed me on the inside lane, cut off 3 cars and narrowly missed that pedestrian so I could give you “the look” at the next red light. Oi-vay.
Don't forget to head over to Stasha's at The good life and check out all the lists.