While I may not always give G credit, he does do some things around here that I
hate would rather not do. Over the last week
or so I have found myself thanking him on more than a couple of occasions so I
decided to give him his 15 seconds of fame.
Have no fear my friends, I am not dying. At least…I…I…don’t…think I am?!? G??? Is there anything you want to tell me??
So here are some reasons (in point form since I’m late) G is worth keeping around…
1. He cleans dirty shoes. Whether it be poop or just plain mud…G is your man.
2. He does minor car maintenance. This week it was windshield washer fluid. G went to buy more washer fluid and refilled the tank. I used to do stuff like this myself. I don’t want to any more.
3. He plays chauffeur. For the kids; for me and for my
4. He does the recycling. I rinse most things but leave the sorting to him.
5. He irons. I prefer the ummm tousled look.
6. I am a bug-a-phobe!! He kills bugs. Enough said.
7. He checked my hiking boots (that I haven’t worn in umpteen years) for bug carcasses before I had to wear them to go snowshoeing with R last weekend. Refer to number 6.
8. He repairs furniture…eventually. Two months ago one leg of an old footstool broke off. I use that footstool. I have been balancing on 3 legs for two months now. He fixed my footstool this week.
9. He sorta figured out how to put in R’s Greepers. He left the cutting to me…that way I can’t yell at him that he did it wrong! He’s learning. :)
Riley's bowling shoes.
And that’s all I've got. Looks like G only gets 13.5 seconds of fame.
So I will leave you with this video snippet. The smallest things in life can bring the biggest smiles. Riley reminds me every day.
We gave Puppy a bath (aka threw him in the washer) this weekend.
Have yourselves an AWESOME week!!!
I Want Backsies, Mother of Imperfection, Rewritten, Thankful Me, The Meaning of Me, The Wakefield Doctrine