Monday 16 April 2018

It's TOO rainy to go to...

Riley does NOT do well in the rain any more. He especially does NOT do well if it means he has to do an activity outside in the rain. 

This morning it was pouring! The kind where you get soaked running from the house to the car kind of rain. 

Tonight is Riley's Special O soccer.

Before he left for his program, he was stressing about the rain...

"It's too rainy to go to soccer tonight. Is it too rainy? I can't go to soccer if it's too rainy. I'll just stay home. Can I stay home if it's too rainy?”

Over and over and over again. As soon as he left I sent a message to Lynden & Sarah (our support workers)......”Soccer tonight. I apologize now for the rain. That is all. 

I received this message at 11:25am…



After some back and forth and since the weather forecast is for rain until tomorrow, I decided it was best for everyone to let Riley off the hook. I messaged him 10 minutes later.



Within seconds…


And once again...all is right in Riley World. 

4 comments: