Monday 28 May 2018

Something to Smile About...

Since my last post, I have regrouped and gotten back on the roller coaster ride that is Riley World.

Like so many of you were quick to point out, Riley has grown in leaps and bounds over the last couple of years in ways that can not be measured through an “assessment tool”. And that is what I have to remember on the days when I am being tossed back and forth on that roller coaster.

When G and I were recently away, J2 took some short video clips of Riley at Special Olympics Track that I wanted to share with you because they make me smile. And laugh. Ok…REALLY laugh at times but only because it is hard to imagine how two fairly competitive people can have an offspring without a single competitive bone in his body. Yet another lesson to be learned from Riley World. We should all be so sportsmanlike. 

Up first…the “javelin” throw. He winds up...winds up...loooook out...he's looking strong...aaaannd...




Next…the “shotput”.  Couldn't get that dirty shotput out of his hands fast enough to get back in line.



And last but certainly the most heartwarming…the 50M dash. As always, Riley will only go as fast as the fastest runner in a race. If it turns out he is ahead after rounding a corner, he will slow down and wait for the others to catch up. Don't forget to watch his cool down of a hop, skip and a slight "Mario" jump at the end.  
 


"Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt."
~ Special Olympics Athlete Oath

No comments:

Post a Comment