Tuesday 25 September 2012

Caught on Tape...

Wait no longer. Although one never knows when the mood will hit Riley, G was prepared and shot enough film to put even me to sleep in the hopes of catching Riley’s bowling “Happy Dance”. Lucky for you I edited it down to 2 minutes and 48 seconds of pure Riley enthusiasm and showmanship. 

Since I know you won’t be able to drag yourself away or pause for any explanations I will give you the run down before you start watching. You ARE going to watch right???  *wink* 

It appeared Riley decided to change up his usual grab and throw technique. To start off the evening he approached the lane and did what I will refer to as the double pump or swing toss. Since that did not bring about the desired results, he then resorted back to his trusty grab and throw. SttttttteeeeeeRIKE!!! Woooo-hoooo! One spin-o-rama accompanied by R’s “I’m excited; hear me roar” maniacal laugh and a subtle thumbs up to G. Not exactly unforced I know but I dare you to tell me you aren't smiling once you finish watching the video clip.

A couple of frames later he decides to add some air time to his throw. I am not talking about lofting the ball kind of air…I am talking Air Jordan style. Ha! A little leap after the throw followed by some directional arm action resulting in a spare!  YES! Next a quick jump throw with a half flip of the leg. Nothing this time, so on to something else.

Rather than continue with my monologue I am sure you would prefer to watch for yourself.  :)


So are you smiling???  Hope so.  I am.  Then again...I am his mom.  

8 comments:

  1. I am! I am smiling! I'm going to steal some of those moves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's got some pretty slick moves doesn't he? ;P

      Thanks for stopping by Bec! Diane

      Delete
  2. I am smiling. And I needed it. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bridget! Glad he made you smile too. :D

      Delete
  3. I am grinning from ear to ear-- LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Thanks for sharing some happy, Di.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! I haven't been able to go the last couple of weeks so enjoy watching him on film. Fast forward is a wonderful thing. ;P

      Delete