Christine over at Random Reflectionz picked this week’s topic “10 Ways You are the Same or Different than your Younger Self.” Gee had I known Monday Listicles would be a lesson in ancient history…
1. I have always and still love roller coasters. The bigger and faster the better.
2. I hated my hair growing up. Having poker straight and coarse hair it was very rare to get my hair to do anything remotely in-style. I tried everything from the pixie cut to the page boy to the Farrah Fawcett. The best look by far was the “loose curl/afro” via the au naturale perm. Stop laughing. One of the pluses of losing my hair was I no longer colour my hair and having more salt than pepper these days, I keep it short and spiky so it takes no time to get ready.
4. When I was a kid I was a tiny little thing. Smallest in the class all the way through elementary school. Did not much care for food. I ate to survive. What the hell happened!!!
5. Unfortunately as a result of number 4…my waist has grown exponentially.
|The one of the left was unacceptable!|
6. I had quite a few OCD tendencies when I was a kid. My socks had to be even as in one could not appear lower/higher on my calf than the other; my shoelaces had to line up straight across and not cock-eyed; t-shirts had to be folded with the exact same amount of shoulder showing on each side of the collar…I KNOW! My uhhh “idiosyncrasies” have changed over the years. Now-a-days I
just don’t care any more consider
myself completely cured…almost.
7. I used to like to win. Who doesn’t? I have mellowed a LOT as I have gotten older. My family, however, seems to think I am slightly competitive. If by competitive they mean taking out my opponent in a game of Sequence or Spoons at all costs weeelll…losers. *wink*
8. I was never EV-VER going to say to my kids what our mom used to say to us “If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you???” I mean really. What a stupid thing to say to your kids. Turns out I was wrong and sometimes that is THE ONLY THING that is appropriate to say.
9. Even though I am more cautious these days I have always been a bit of a dare devil. I have jumped out of a plane, gone river rafting, and most recently jumped off a cliff in Mexico.
10. I still have friends that I made in elementary and high school. We may not see each other as often as we would like these days but when we do get together it is as if things have never changed and THAT sometimes is a good thing.