Sunday 14 February 2016

The Challenge Continues...

It’s been 14 days, 2 weekends and 1 special occasion since my last adult beverage. Yup…still counting.

I promise not to keep dwelling on this…well…after this post.

Things have been going relatively smooth in Riley World so not much news to report on that front. We bailed again on snowshoeing this morning. As soon as my alarm went off at 6:45 flippin’ A.M. (remember it’s a Sunday morning), I immediately checked the snow report. When I read the words "...it is going to be a wet one today - bring your best weather outerwear"....yea...that pretty much made my decision for me. 

Having sailed through the first week of my #LoseTheBooze challenge, I have noticed a few little changes in myself this past week. 

Two things happened. Two days in a row. Two words. Road. Rage.

It is one of those things that ordinarily does not bother me. Strange. I know. G has enough for the two of us. Without going into all the boring details I will say both involved left turns and ended with me screaming like a woman possessed in one case and irritated as all hell (and I wasn’t even driving) in the other. Oi-vay.  

The other ummmm incident involved Riley World. If you are new here you might not realize just how limited Riley’s menu is and the lengths I have gone to efforts we have been through to try and increase it. So it is an unspoken rule in our house that a Riley food is off limits. Period.

Unless of course you are 14 days, 2 weekends and 1 special occasion into a challenge you should have never started in the first place. Then…all bets are off.

Four words this time. Salt and Vinegar chips. I saw them. I wanted them. I opened them. 

I left the clipped bag on the counter beside R's Cheerios. I happened to be in the kitchen at the time he noticed them. He looked at the chips. He picked up the chips. He stared at the chips. He then looked at me rather confused. I sheepishly tried to look away.

R:  Who borrowed my chips?
Me:  I’m sorry. I had some.
R:  *slightly annoyed*  You're sharing with me!
Me:  Yes. Thank you for sharing!
R:  *full on annoyed*  SHHHHHAAARRING!!!

So yes I have stooped to a new low. Taking a preferred food from my special needs son. Who Does That!?!?!  I’ll tell you who…a person who has not had an adult beverage in 14 days, 2 weekends and 1 special occasion.

15 days until I can quench my thirst...





4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, salt and vinegar chips. Dying now. I only have them on very rare occasions, but now that I CANNOT have them... ugh. I think we both deserve a party in March! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deal. :D Knowing you can't have something makes it twice as hard doesn't it. :(

      Delete
  2. No one could pass up salt and vinegar... no one!

    ReplyDelete