Sunday 4 December 2011

The Magic of Christmas

Riley has been “waiting patiently to open his presents” now for exactly 3 days, 10 hours, 21 minutes and 46 seconds.  The magic of Christmas has worn off.  “In my opinion”, he is not waiting patiently to open his presents when he repeats it every time he sees me.  *sigh*

It’s not like he’s asking for anything exorbitant.  As a matter of fact, R wants very little and some of what he wants…I refuse to get for him.  I know that sounds mean and you may even be horrified to hear me say that.  In my defence it is for my own good.  No, that’s not a typo.

I have always been very hung up aware of trying to encourage age-appropriate interests/activities with R.  For whatever reason this year I had a change of heart.  I mean does it really matter that he still wants to watch Disney Sing-a-Long DVD’s at age 17?  Aren’t all things Disney considered “classics”?  Is individually wrapping 6 packages of Mr. Noodles, a box of Cheerio’s and a bag of Salt & Vinegar chips as Christmas presents “age-appropriate”???  I somehow doubt it. 

I know I should be better than this.  But I’m not.  Perhaps more wine will make me better at it.  In the spirit of Christmas…I shall give it a try. 

Cheers, D

No comments:

Post a Comment