My memory is failing. Badly. It started to spiral down when I turned the big fifty-OMG a few years ago. I now need to write everything down as. it. happens. or else……I forget. This is not conducive to writing a post of Things to be Thankful for over the past week and not to be a downer but I most certainly do not have 10 Things of Thankful happening in one day. Just sayin…
1. Bath & Body Works Soaps/Hand Sanitizers. Having a cold means lots of hand washing. Enough said.
2. We have never mastered shoe lace tying in Riley World. It requires fine motor skills which are challenging to say the least. A fellow Special “O” mom mentioned seeing a video that looked easy to teach. I am not sure if this was the one she meant but was amazed by this "SO EASY" technique that I found on Pinterest. You’re welcome.
|Image from: MorgueFile|
Oh. Just a heads up…the “basic tying your shoe knot” needs to be mastered first. *sigh*
3. My Dragon Boat team. Although our paddling season is finished, we have started “dry-land training” at a boxing/fitness facility. I have always wanted to say that. It makes me feel/sound like I am actually physically active and in shape. I am not. AT. ALL. Going with my teammates makes it that much harder to bail especially on those days when I would rather be sitting in front of my computer trying to blog or on social media.
4. My boxing targets. G bought them for me for my birthday. The ones at the gym are used by everyone. They are stinky. No. No. They are downright rank-smelling! And even though you wear wraps on your hands, sticking them into sweaty and damp targets is just plain gross!
5. Bec who blogs at Snagglebox came all the way from Australia on a whirlwind North American vacation and came to the city where I live. I was thrilled to be able to meet her IN REAL LIFE! She is even more awesome in person! <3
6. Riley and I were out and about running errands. I could not help but look over at him and even though he was grumbling and not happy AT ALL…he made me smile. The smallest things (like skipping a shower, sleeping on the couch, or having 2 pops/sodas on the weekend) make him happy. We should all be a little more like Riley.
7. Every so often J2 forces me to let loose and practice my bat shit crazy/psycho mom voice. What amazes me is after feeling guilty all afternoon about losing it; he will come home and be in the best. mood. EVER! I am thankful that he sees things MY way. ;P
8. Snack size Popcorn Twists. Yes there are 58 snack size treat bags. Yes I can eat a
few at a time. Thankfully they only come out at Halloween time.
9. Sports teams who fundraise for cancer awareness. Today the local rugby club held a cancer fundraiser. They (even the men’s teams) wore pink jerseys and pink striped socks. Have you ever seen a rugby game?? We are talking hardcore. SO awesome to see them in pink!
10. Just to end on a positive note…I am thankful that I still buy green bananas. :D
Have yourself a great week!!
Have yourself a great week!!