Last week I decided I was going to try the “Ten Things of Thankful” linkup co-hosted by A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I can say mama, I Want Backsies, Rewritten, Steps into Parenthood, Thankful Me, The Wakefield Doctrine.
I was a little frazzled what with hosting our family’s Thanksgiving dinner so I cut a few corners and reposted last year’s Thanksgiving Thankful post. I know. What can I say??? The pressure got to me.
So this week I knew I had to come up with some really, really thankful stuff. Just so you know…I do not work well under pressure.
1. I am thankful for my sister who makes THE BEST devilled eggs on earth!! What??? You beg to differ?? Well you would be wrong. Go ahead. Try one and dare to tell me they are not THE BEST!!!
2. I am thankful for turkey leftovers because they always taste better the next day (especially when you cooked the original dinner).
3. I am thankful for Riley who at 19 wants to share his feelings/emotions (I WILL BE WHINING! and let us not forget “I WILL BE ANGRY!”) with me over and over and *sigh* over again.
4. I am thankful for not getting sick very often. I have a terrible man cold at the moment. I admit it. I am miserable. Enough said.
5. I am thankful for my friend Lori who lets me travel 45 minutes each way in order to have Riley shelve books for an hour in her school’s library. :) Seriously…I really appreciate her. I was looking for ways to fill Riley’s days with meaningful work now that he is finished school and she came through for us. Thank you Lori!!!
6. I am thankful for Kleenex. 3 Ply. With Lotion. See number 4 for further explanation.
7. I am thankful for Facebook. It was my birthday last week and although I do not celebrate my birthday any more…I felt extra special to have so many IRL and virtual friends leaving me greetings. Do you think anybody would notice if I changed my birth date to next Wednesday?!? ;P
8. I am thankful for nose spray. Too much information?!? I get it. I swore I would never, EVER use the stuff. Again…see number 4 for further explanation.
9. I am thankful for Costco’s great customer service. I needed to return a couple of items I bought in the summer and could not locate the bill. The tags were still on. They took them back for a full refund.
10. I am thankful for naps. Speaking of which…catch ya later.