Saturday 11 January 2014

Starting off 2014 being Thankful!!
#Ten Things of Thankful

It has been a month since my last TToT. Technically I only missed 2 weeks since there was going to be a holiday break. That is until Lizzi went renegade.  :)

December was a crazy, whirlwind of activity in Riley World which left little time for social media since my ability to multi-task has decreased to well…one thing at a time. But I am back on the routine wagon and ready to give TToT another go! Here’s what’s been happening so far this year…

1.      We started off the year celebrating not one but two birthdays. My mom (who never thought she’d live past 60) turned 83 (take that!) on the 2nd and first born spawn (J2) turned 21 on the 5th!

2.      Once I set my mind to it I managed to pack away all the Christmas decorations in one day. Hey…don’t judge…I have been known to drag it out over a number of days.

3.      After the demise of Riley’s beloved “puppy” it was touch and go whether or not he would accept new puppy. He has. Peace and calm have once again been restored in Riley World.


4.      Apparently there are only so many times the family wanted to hear me complain about how the stupid new camera that G bought back in the fall was stupid and took stupid pictures. Although the video feature was not too bad, the stills were usually blurry. Even my niece took blurry pictures with it. It was definitely NOT user-friendly. It was stupid!! Thankfully the after Christmas sales had one that was just like our old, reliable one (only in red). G and J2 bought it for me. Big Red’s not stupid!

Such a deal!! You are probably wondering why I need a camera.
Doesn't her phone have a camera?? Yes. It does. Its stupid too.

5.      I don’t know about you but in our house we all have comfy, “home” clothes. As you may have noticed on our Operation IFO videos, Riley’s are black shorts and a turquoise t-shirt. He used to wear those shorts for PE in school. J2 used to wear those shorts for PE in school. They are that old. A number of months ago the elastic was...well...not so elastic anymore. Sure there was a drawstring but that is not Riley-friendly. Slowly the shorts sat lower and lower on R’s “hips” until we started seeing him run by holding his shorts up with one hand. If both hands were occupied, he would straddle walk/run trying to keep the shorts up. It didn’t always work. Of course I could not find the exact. same. pair. Ya think!  The pair I bought has been sitting on R’s dresser for at least a month. This week he came down wearing them! Miracles do happen! 

6.      My boxing started up again on Monday after a 3 week break. Thankfully I am still alive. Barely. I hurt all over on Tuesday. Even my hair hurt. I felt better in time to go again on Thursday. Call me crazy committed...the things I will do for my dragon boat team.  :)

7.      My watch decided to stop working just before Christmas. G replaced the battery but to no avail. I was very sad. I loved that watch. They said it would cost $100 to clean it and there would be no guarantee that would fix it. Ummm…I don’t think so. The watch had given me many good years. It was time for a new one. Thankfully I found one this week as I felt lost without one. I am hopeful the face on this one will not shrink over time like the last one.

8.      Riley World FB status on Friday:  
Today R & I started back shelving books at the library. Rather than wait until we got home this afternoon, G did the laundry. All the way home R kept muttering away "I need to fix the laundry." After some back and forth we decided he could refold HIS laundry when we got home. That seemed to appease him.

When we got home, he left his McD's on the table and ran upstairs. Here's what I found (sorry it's a little dark). So much for trying to do R a favour. Now if only J2 were as 'concerned' about his laundry.


Once we get past all the whining and grumbling (thankful times a bajillion), when Riley gets a routine down pat he wants to do it himself. O...C...D??  O...M...G…yea!

9.      Again my team has been responsible for my agony sudden enthusiasm for physical fitness. I went to my first Step class today. Easy-peasey right??? Well if you have any coordination it would be I suppose. Thankfully the room did not have wall-to-wall mirrors.

10.   Thankfully I realized number one counts as two.



Here's to the start of a Happy, Healthy & Thankful 2014!!!

Your Hosts:


26 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy! Good for you for taking some time to be thankful. And active. That's the inspiration I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a fun busy! The active part...not quite as fun. Haha!

      Wait. Are you saying I've actually inspired you?!?!?

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! I do love your #10. And the video! That chap is PRECISE! Which, with regard to laundry, can only be a good thing, right?

    I'm glad you've been having a good time. If exhausting! I remember boxing class. I stopped going when it filled up with students who I couldn't keep up with, but I remember a time when even my hair hurt, and I couldn't walk for a week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try as I might...I could not pull off the crazy holiday season and social media at the same time so something had to give. :( It's good to be back!

      Thankfully *wink* boxing is with my team mates so we commiserate together. Haha!

      Delete
  3. Number one SO count as two! Happy birthdays to everyone!

    And we are also a comfy at home clothes household. There is nothing quite like being relaxed in soft and comfortable clothes to help you unwind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew! Glad you agree (about number 1). :D

      I practically race upstairs to throw on my "lounge" pants and take off my bra when I know I'm in for the evening. Too much information??? Haahaa!

      Delete
    2. Haha, perhaps - but it's nothing any of the rest of us don't do!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh.... Riley is so right about the socks!! that's how I do it too.
    but you don't want to see my underwear drawer -- well besides, because that would be weird - it's a messy disaster. but socks - socks must be stacked neatly. Some things are just right!
    thankfully :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmmmm.....you too eh??? Veeeerrrry interesting! *spoken in my Arte Johnson voice*

      I learned early on to buy the boys the same coloured socks (each had their own style) to make sorting/stacking easy...for me! Who would've known I was so 'forward-thinking'?!?!? ;P

      Delete
  5. Yay for Riley's flexibility with new things and yay for your physical exercise. If only I could say the same. About either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Riley's 'flexibility' is right!!! :D My physical exercise?? That was totally thrust upon me. Haha!

      Delete
  6. lol stupid cameras!

    Somewhere in there you need to schedule some rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh....not to worry. I always make sure there is time to crush some candy! ;P

      Delete
  7. My goal is to put all the decorations away in one day. It never happens. Mostly because after I get the boxes back on the shelves in the basement, I will find AT LEAST 5 things I missed when collecting the decorations. Plus all the Christmas hand towels and Christmas books that were washed or taken to the kids' room. It usually takes 6 months to get all those things put away. :)
    Your entire thankful about your camera had me laughing. Especially the caption under the camera. Stupid phone.
    Good for you, getting all fit for dragon boat. I don't think my mother-in-law's team is as encouraging in the physical fitness department.
    And I loved the video, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year I went with the "less is more" when I was decorating hence the ability to undecorate in one day! I usually find a few things here and there too. They either stay out until the next December or get put away where I won't remember the next December. ;)

      Encouraging??? Okay. That's one way to put it. Another...GUILT! :D

      Delete
  8. We did get all the Christmas decorations--except for the outside lights--put in the attic today. I'm so impressed with your one-day-and-it's-done schedule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just so you know...anything outside doesn't count as G is in charge of outside decorations. He actually did his first this year. :O

      Delete
  9. Sounds thankfully busy!! Enjoy it and get some rest too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully busy and fun!! Not to worry...I do plenty of resting. ;)

      Delete
  10. I just took off my mom's Christmas stuff down today and managed to get it all put away mostly because I don't want to have to travel back there again just to do it. Now there's motivation for you! I gotta say there's a lot of great stuff on this post but my favorite thing is hearing Riley say" there you are.perfect"

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is definitely motivation!! :)

    The relief in his voice makes me smile and melts my heart. <3 Glad you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband couldn't figure out how I managed to take blurry pictures with a point-and-shoot camera until he watched my technique and claimed I jerked my arms when I pressed the shutter down. I prefer to think all cameras are crappy.
    How is it that watch faces shrink so? The numbers smear, too, or something.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your husband obviously blinked at the wrong time. I agree with you...all cameras are crappy...except for Big Red. :)

      Right??? I mean it's not like I "wash my watch" or anything. WTH!?!?!

      Delete
  13. Sounds like your year has been off to a wonderful start! Let the good times keep rolling ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good but...whaaaaat happened to this last week?!?!?!??! Oish.

      Delete