Friday 1 March 2013

"The Dash"

Today I went to a Celebration of Life for one of my dear friend’s dad who passed away at the end of January. I have been to a few too many of these Celebrations over the past couple of years. Some have been for relatives, some for parents of friends, and tragically one for a child of a friend.

I guess this is something that happens as we get older. Perhaps I should consider this more of a positive than negative thing. It means I have had the good fortune of living a fun, happy and fairly healthy life so far.

At today’s Celebration a poem "The Dash" written by Linda Ellis was read. As I sat there listening, the words really struck a chord with me. I hope that you will take the 2-3 minutes to link over and read this poem.

Just so you know…I am not done yet and plan on making the most of "MY Dash".  How about you?



That's G...BEHIND me!  Baaahaaahaaa!




10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I've never read that before and it's such a fantastic message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too Robbie! Glad you liked it. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. :D Now if only my body would keep up to my mind...hahaha!

      Delete
  3. <3 love! <3

    {()} Thanks for sharing that.

    (stay away from the fupa's. They are NOT your friends lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baaahaaahaa...I wish the fupa's would leave me alone!!! Public and personal enemy number 1!!!

      Delete
  4. You're a bad@$$ mama! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry for your loss. The poem is awesome - I hadn't seen it before, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this poem too! I am sure you can relate to it as I do. :)

      Delete