This past week has been an emotional one to say the least. I was finding it a real challenge coming up with anything to be thankful for and had it not been the 25th Anniversary week I am pretty sure I would have opted out. I thought about going generic and listing 10 Thankful songs. Who doesn’t like music? Then I remembered “When the going gets tough…the tough drink wine”.
So after a few glasses here’s what I came up with…
1. Lizzi for the second of 2 awards “The Sunshine Award” for being the LAST 10 people to post on last week’s TToT. Go me! PS…watch for my post(s) this coming week.
2. I have been feeling guilty for not reading ALL the TToT posts. Then I reread the “suggestions” and it said “Please take time to have a look at some of the other posts submitted…” Phew! Sometimes I start at the top and work my way down. Sometimes I start at the bottom and work my way up. AND just because I am a rebel type…sometimes I start in the middle and work from right to left. So from now on, on the weeks that I am feeling panicked I am going to roll the dice and if your number comes up…you my friend will get some comment love.
3. G was on a roll this week. I think he was feeling bad for me. This qualifies him for three list items all to himself. Number 1…he
swished the swiffer around
dusted. How did I notice?? Ask and you shall receive.
4. G cleaned the bathrooms this week. If he commented at all he would loudly protest that he cleans the bathrooms ALL THE TIME. He does not comment so I feel no need to defend myself.
5. Saving the best for last. These were on my laptop when I got home the other day. I only treat myself to them during the Christmas season. I have already eaten my way through 1 box. Joy to the World!
6. Yesterday morning as we were heading out to Lori’s Library, Riley saying “Well…it’s time to go to work.” in his sing-song, happy voice. He makes me smile.
7. After making a rookie mistake about a month ago I lost everything on a website I was working on. This week we are ready to go live *fingers crossed*. I am thankful for all the tech support people that helped me out…again!
8. Having dinner with Riley’s other mom this week. Over the years we have had many of our own adventures together. I am so very thankful that we continue this tradition.
9. I used to think conversations with spawn should happen verbally. Until we had teenagers. And texting. I love that at 20 years old, J2 will still share his excitement with me. Texting affords both of us that opportunity. After all…what 20 year old wants to be seen calling their mom when they are out.
10. Friends. New, old, in real life and virtual. I have THE BEST ones!!
Click on the special TToT Weekaversary button (below) to pop over and check out the new TToT banner! SO AWESOME!!! While you are there “Please take time to have a look at some of the other posts submitted…” :D