Saturday 4 July 2020

Shake IT UP!!!

Let’s get this Challenge started with something fun…since it IS the weekend!  

J2’s friend Monika, who is like a daughter to me, suggested I pick my top 3 cocktails. Not an easy task but a challenge I was willing to accept.  

I thought it would take me a LOT longer than it did to pick just 3!! So I decided to narrow it down by seasons and not overthink it (thanks Diane Mc) so as not to burn up too many more brain cells. 

So…without further ado…

Number 1:  NEWLY discovered…it’s called a Pear Cosmotini.

I recently fell upon this blog “The Martini Chronicles”…not sure what took me so long but it’s a match made in heaven. She even has a tab called “Martini Thursdays”. Be still my heart. 


2 oz. Vodka
1 oz. St. Germaine
½ oz Triple Sec
¼ oz Rose’s Lime Cordial
1 oz. Cranberry Juice

Where does the “Pear” come from you ask???  Well…I think it is the combination of the St. Germaine’s and Lime Cordial. When I first tried it, I didn’t have Rose’s so I substituted fresh squeezed lime juice. It was tasty but the Rose’s definitely makes a difference. It’s “refreshing” and goes down a little tooooo easily. I also like to top it with a splash of sparking wine. Because doesn’t everything taste better with some sparking wine??? 

Number 2:  Summer Season…a drink with No Name.

My Facebook friend “CS” tagged me on this one with a comment "Our new official summer drink.”  What can I say???  I HAD to try it. What kind of a friend would I be if I didn’t?!?!?  I describe this as a Sangria-ish beverage only waaaaay simpler. Even though I think of red wine as more of a winter “sport” and prefer white sangria for the summer, THIS…definitely will be my go to Sangria for the summer. I’m sure you’ll be able to figure out the proportions from watching the video. Ole!  



Oh…the stuff in the pink bottle is called Pink Whitney. You can find it in the vodka section of the liquor store.

Number 3:  Winter Season…Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow…flake! 

2 oz. Vanilla Vodka
2 oz. Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur 
1 oz. White Crème de Cacao
1 oz. Half & Half
Lemon Wedge & Sanding Sugar for Rimming

For the Christmas season…nothing like a White Chocolate Snowflake Martini to get you into the holiday spirit. May sound sweet but alas…tis just right to give you the warm and fuzzies. Just be careful and be sure to call Operation Red Nose for a ride home. 

Be sure to come back tomorrow for some of my Hangover tips. I kid.  Maybe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment