Saturday 11 July 2020

Face Masks

I posted this pic of Riley on Facebook because he had earned enough money to go buy a DVD and wore a mask like the Rock Star that he is. 



Now I will admit that I have not always worn a mask. In the beginning, it was because I never left the house, social distancing was possible when I did and, unless you made one, disposable masks were nowhere to be found.  Sewing is definitely not a strength of mine but I did manage to make this “No Sew” face mask. 



Now that we are entering into Phase 3, there are more and more people out there so social distancing has become a lot harder. So yes, I wear a mask whenever I need to go out in public.

Disposable masks are readily available at the moment and I find them more comfortable than my “No Sew” version. If you are like me and have wondered if there is a proper way to wear these disposable masks (because the instructions on the box don’t mention a right or wrong “side”)…..there is. Thanks to our niece (who is a Co-Associate Director of a Nursing Undergrad Program back east...so she knows what she is talking about) mentioned “you want your mask to vent down”. I was smart enough to realize the edge with a “wire” (so you can pinch around your nose) was the top. Go me.

So, if you have the disposable masks that have white on one side and blue on the other…the blue side should face out. Like so…


 If the mask is the same colour on both sides, the “vents” (pleats) should face down.

Do NOT be the person who wears their mask like this…you look like a loser.  


However, the ultimate loser…..looks like this…



Here’s a good video by Bill Nye on Why We Should be Wearing Masks in Public:


As our wonderful Dr. Bonnie Henry would say:  "Be Kind; Be Calm; Be Safe."


No comments:

Post a Comment