Sunday 5 April 2020

B is for Book Club

January 1999.

We were a group of young mothers. Our kids were all in preschool. We were looking for a social outlet.  

What Looked Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day by Pearl Cleage was our first book. 



We started with seven. We are now eight. Four of us are “charter members”.

I know what you’re thinking…do you actually read/discuss the book or is it just an excuse to get together and drink wine. 

Well, for the first 10 years or so it was mostly about getting together. And sure, drinking wine was a part of it. OK…a HUGE part of it. Remember, our kids were in preschool.

But, over the years it has become much more than just a book club and drinking wine.

We have watched our kids grow up together. We have watched them become adults. It has been over 20 years of friendships. And yes, now…we even discuss the book.  

Our first book club meeting. 



1 comment:

  1. How nice to have a group like that! I don't have a "tribe" and sometimes I wish I did, and sometimes I'm glad I don't!

    ReplyDelete