Tuesday 21 April 2020

R is for Recycle

I bet you thought this was going to be about Riley World. That makes it twice that you would be wrong. I mean, it was going to be but then…THIS happened today!

Disclaimer:  All photos were taken in the midst of a world wide pandemic. Hair and clothing should be considered exempt from normal personal standards.

I think we can all agree that I am NOT a seamstress. I present Exhibit A: My Sewing Kit.



I think we can also agree that the number of t-shirts that Riley has disassembled over the years has been astronomical. I will leave you with this one example, Exhibit B, because we all know I could run through the entire alphabet and more with visual evidence. 




After seeing so many DIY videos on making face masks, I had an epiphany last week. R's discards would make the perfect material for masks. I am sure it will only be a matter of time before it is mandatory to wear a face mask out in public so I want to be prepared. Luckily, I still had a few of Riley’s discarded t-shirts. I washed them and they were ready to assume another life. 

I will admit that, so far, I have not been wearing a mask out in public. *Hangs head in shame.*  In my defense, two words…HOT FLASHES!  Do you have any idea how hot these face masks are!!! Also, I only go out to my Light Therapy and to get groceries on the same day. This past week, my LT has required you wear a mask in their office so I have been wearing a makeshift balaclava-neck-warmer-type-thing. 




Since “New Puppy” made it through the night unscathed…I decided today would be the day to attempt a DIY face mask. I decided something that did not require sewing of any kind would be the best chance for success so I searched YouTube and found this video:



And voila….



I am pleased as punch with myself. I am GIDDY!!  This is what almost 60 looks like. 

Oh...quick question for you sewing people.  Do your scissors cut like this too???







No comments:

Post a Comment