Tuesday 7 April 2020

E is for Easter

Ever since Riley declared St. Patrick’s Day was over, he has been talking about Easter. He couldn’t wait to put up the PCS that I made for him back when he was in elementary school. 




Hiding the eggs, finding the eggs and opening the eggs. And as of last year, he likes to do it all by himself. When I say “all by himself”…I mean exactly that. 

Last year after we hid the eggs before going to bed, we woke up to find that Riley had found the eggs, sorted the treats and plastic eggs and put away the baskets before G & I got up. 




Now I’ve only kept up doing this because he gets so excited about it. However, I felt a little ripped off last year as we didn’t even get to experience that. Yes…it IS all about me thank you very much.

This year, I was tempted to try and explain that with social distancing the Easter Bunny would not be able to hide any eggs. Only, we haven’t explained anything about COVID-19 to him because he is more than happy to stay home and at least 6’ away from anybody.

So instead, I told him that this would be the last year the Easter Bunny would be coming because after 25 (he turns 26 this June)…the Easter Bunny doesn’t visit any more because there are too many kids. Don’t judge.

1 comment: