Sunday 26 April 2020

T is for Toilet Paper

I remembered my “T” subject late last night. You are probably thinking this will be a rant on the shortages of toilet paper since COVID-19. And for that matter…WHY?!?!?!?! 

Well, it was going to be but then as I was doing a little research, I came across way more information than I needed to know about toilet paper. 

The amount of information on Wikipedia is astounding. Let me give you a few snippets and you can be the judge.

“Toilet paper is a tissue paper product primarily used to clean the anus and surrounding area of feces after defecation.”   - Just in case you had no idea what toilet paper is used for.

“It also acts as a layer of protection for the hands during these processes.”  - Layer of protection?? Not sure I ever thought of TP that way. Maybe we can make face masks out of TP?? Perhaps that’s the reason for the shortage?!?!? 

“Toilet paper comes in various numbers of plies (layers of thickness), from one to six-ply…”   - SIX PLY???  Vegas hotels, the city of extravagance, use one ply. ONE PLY!!!  Unless your feces is the size of an elephant’s, I’m pretty sure you don’t need six layers.

And who remembers coloured toilet paper??  While most manufacturers today only produce white toilet paper, if you are looking for some bold colours, you can purchase this six roll pack for approximately $25.00 CDN. Now THESE colours would make a nice face mask. 



No comments:

Post a Comment