Monday 13 April 2020

K is for Kathy

She was my sister’s childhood friend.

They met in 1966. They were 8 years old. I was 6. 


My sister is third from the left in the bottom row.
Kathy is 3rd from the left in the second row.

She was diagnosed with Stage 4 metastatic cancer just over a year ago. On March 27, 2020, she passed away. 

She was the picture of health. Never smoked, exercised every day and, unlike me, hadn't drank for over 10 years. How does this happen?!?!

I have lost a parent and other close family. Yet this time…it is so very different.

I have so much I want to say but struggle to find the words. All of us are struggling. A lifetime of memories growing up together. So many good times, some tears but so much laughter. 

So, I am just going to copy what I posted on Facebook... 

     She was just 61 years old.
     She was so easy to know.
     She was the kind of friend everybody wants to have. 
     I am grateful I was one of them for over 50 years. 

She will be missed by so many but never, ever forgotten.  💔


L-R:  My sister Sharon, Virgina, Kathy, Me, Dayle
August 2019


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry, Diane. Losing a lifelong friend is like losing a close relative. She sounds like she was an amazing person. How lucky that you got to be friends!

    ReplyDelete