Sunday 19 April 2020

P is for Pretzel Bark

It’s officially called Toffee Pretzel Bark but I needed a “P” topic so Pretzel Bark it is.

I got this recipe from one of my most favourite people in the whole wide world. We were visiting relatives and she pulled out this tasty treat after dinner. 

I only make it around Christmas time because there are usually people around who will help me eat it otherwise, I would probably eat the entire tray myself. It’s THAT good! And bonus…easy to make. 



(Toffee) PRETZEL BARK

8 oz mini pretzels
1 c butter
1 c brown sugar
2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use those chocolate wafers people use for chocolate making)

·        Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large cookie sheet with non-stick foil. 
·        Spread pretzels out in a single layer on cookie sheet.
·        Melt the butter and brown sugar in a pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Keep at medium heat, stop stirring and let bubble for 3 minutes. Not 2, 4, or 5. Exactly 3 minutes.
·        Pour over the pretzels. No need to worry that it doesn’t cover all of pretzels. It will spread.
·        Bake for 5 minutes.
·        Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
·        Let sit for 5 minutes to melt the chocolate and then spread.
·        Allow to set before breaking into pieces.    

I figured this could be a good quarantine recipe...you're welcome!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't made this in a long time, but I love it! I have also made it with saltine crackers.
    You finish that :)

    ReplyDelete